Baruch College Pathways Appeals Process
General Information and Resources
- Transfer Appeal Officer: Ms. Sonya Wahab
- Baruch Pathways Appeal Application
- Email: email@example.com
- This appeal process applies to students who follow the Pathways at Baruch Curriculum. Students who follow the Baruch Common Core Curriculum should file appeals with their School Committee on Academic Standing.
- After admission to Baruch College, students receive a Transfer Credit Evaluation Report which provides an accounting of how transfer credits will meet Pathways and other degree requirements. Any transfer student with concerns about how completed courses have been evaluated for transfer credit must meet with a campus advisor to review their Transfer Evaluation Report. After that meeting, students may initiate the Pathways transfer credit appeal process.
Transfer Credit Appeals Process
Appeals must be filed in accordance with the following procedures:
- Write up a brief statement outlining the reasons for your appeal (limit to one page) and gather the required documentation – a catalog course description and a detailed syllabus for the course you have taken.
- Submit your materials as attachments to the Pathways Appeal Committee using the Pathways Appeal Form.
- Within five business days, you should expect confirmation via email that your appeal submission has been received. If you do not receive the confirmation in this time period, please contact the campus Pathways Appeal Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The appeal committee meets regularly during the fall and spring semesters; the committee does not meet during the winter or summer sessions. Requests for additional information and notification of official results will be sent via email to your Baruch address.
- If you wish to appeal a negative determination, you may appeal that decision to the CUNY University Provost/ Office of Academic Affairs.
- If the CUNY appeal is found to merit a change in course designation, the College Transfer Appeal Officer will ensure that the change is made to the student record. CUNY decisions regarding appeals for a reevaluation of transfer credit are final.